Looking for Help?
Student tutors are available in the Tutoring & Academic Success Centre to help you with Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Come to E-300 during tutoring hours. Just drop-in when you have a question.
Drop-In Peer Tutoring Hours
- Monday to Thursday: 10am to 4pm
- Friday: 10am to 1pm
Evening tutoring available from 4pm to 6pm on Mondays (in D-301).
These hours are only applicable during the regular school year and are subject to change during the winter and summer breaks.
Interested in Becoming a Peer Tutor?
Peer tutors are hired from among the top ranking science students at Vanier. If you are currently a Vanier student and are interested in applying to become a peer tutor, please refer to the following information:
- Peer tutors are normally hired by late August (for the fall semester) or late January (for the winter semester).
- In June, a MIO is sent out to the top achieving science students with an invitation to join the peer tutoring team. If you do not receive an invite and are still interested, you can send a MIO to Ashley Rankin with your intent to become a tutor (this must be done before the end of June).
- All potential tutors will be asked to provide their transcript of final grades, their upcoming semester schedule, Curriculum Vitae, and are asked to take a group interview in late August (for the fall semester) or late January (for the winter semester).
- Peer tutors can expect to be involved in: drop-in tutoring, private/1-on-1 tutoring, in class teaching assistants, and/or workshop tutors.
- As of Fall 2016, tutors are hired on a volunteer basis only. Volunteering as a peer tutor have many benefits including the ability to count hours completed towards the STAR Program (official government recognition of volunteer work).
Send a MIO to Ashley Rankin or an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.