The STEM Centre aims to support and promote student success in mathematics, science and technologies. The large interactive study space includes a makerspace for hands-on applied projects such as robotics, and a study hub for collaborative group work. Teacher help, computers, and a large collection of math, science, and technology textbooks are equally available. We offer a number of activities, services and resources including:
Help with Course Content
Our peer tutoring service (available in the Tutoring & Academic Success Centre – TASC, E-300) lends a helping hand to Vanier students in almost every program across the College. The tutoring programs help students with their understanding and application of course concepts to increase the probability of their success. Ultimately, tutors help students develop strategies they need to become independent learners.
We also collaborate with teachers to offer students help through:
- Drop in help from teachers
- Teacher led review sessions and crash courses
We also organize a variety of exciting competitions and informative events which challenge students to apply their knowledge outside the context of the classroom and also help them to prepare for their future careers.
- Bridge Building Contest
- Mathematics, Science, and Computing Competitions
- Pre-Med Info Sessions
- Technology program Info Sessions
- Career and Science Lecture Series
- Robotics Challenge
- Student Research including Science Fair and BioGENIUS
- “Science, on tourne!” CEGEP engineering competition
- LaunchBox Competition: Students bringing innovation