821 Sainte-Croix, Montréal, Québec Canada H4L 3X9 | Tel: 514.744.7500 | Toll-Free: 1.855.744.7500 | Fax: 514.744.7505
Language School


Frequently Asked Questions:

Click on the + icon to see the answer:

Payment for a part-time course is due at registration.  The minimum payment for international students for our full-time English program is the first 10 weeks.

We accept Visa, MasterCard, debit, bank transfers, certified cheques and money orders.  The College does not accept cash or personal cheques.

Consult the Register section of our website for details.

International students who are going to study for more than 6 months must first apply for a CAQ, then a study permit.  Students who are planning on studying less than 6 months, and require a visa, should apply for a temporary tourist visa.  CAQ is not required for studies less than 6 m0nths.

For the full-time English program, after the placement test on your first day.  Please remember to be available either from 9-1 or 1-5, as you will not know the schedule in advance.  For part-time English or French communication courses, please contact us for those dates.

Yes.  We have courses on Saturdays for teenagers during the year and we offer a full-time course in July.  Consult our Programs menu for details.

Yes.  Many students take our part-time courses in the evenings.  In particular, IELTS/TOEFL preparation courses and Academic Writing.

No.  If you apply to a College program, admissions will ask you to write the Vanier Admissions Test.  If you are taking our Academic Writing course, the test will be given to you on the final class.

No.  Our courses are non-credit.  However, if you are looking to receive credits from your school, you must consult them first to see if this would be possible.

No.  Students must take official English recognized exams such as IELTS or TOEFL to prove proficiency levels.