|> The Learning Centre > Testing > English Placement Test
As part of the general education component of a Cegep diploma, students are
required to take four English courses and pass an English Exit Examination to meet
graduation requirements. In order to ensure that students are registered in the
appropriate introductory English course, all newly admitted students are required to
write an English Placement test.
- For information on the French Placement test, please click here.
- Click here for the Placement Testing FAQ.
- The test will take 1 ½ hours.
- Dictionaries are not allowed.
- Please know your student number and the program you will be studying.
- There are two parts to the test, writing and reading:
- In the first part, you will be given a choice of three topics and you will be asked to write a three page essay on one topic.
- For the second part, you will be asked to read an excerpt from a short story and to write an analysis on it.
- You are not required to write the Placement test if:
- You have successfully completed an introductory English course in another Cegep.
- You have previously written the Placement Test or Admissions Test.
If you have any questions, please contact us at