The English Exit Exam (or Ministerial Examination of College English Language of Instruction and Literature), issued by the Quebec Ministry of Education, is a compulsory exam which all students in English Cegeps must pass in order to obtain their DEC. In the 2013-2014 academic year, the exam will be offered on the following dates:
- May 15th, 2013
- August 7th, 2013
- December 18th, 2013
- May 14th, 2014
- August 13th, 2014
- December 17th, 2014
- Students taking the exam have four hours in which to read the three texts provided and write a formal essay of 750 words about one of them.
- Anyone who has completed the three numbered courses (101, 102, 103) or is currently taking the last of the three is eligible to sit for the exit examination.
- Students can register online by logging by following the instructions when they are sent to them via Omnivox.
- For detailed information about the exam itself, including marking criteria and a list of resource materials, visit the official site of the Quebec Ministry of Education.
- If you would like to request a copy of your exam, along with its assessment, please fill out this form.
To prepare for the English Exit Exam
- Make an appointment with a staff member to receive information, or to arrange a simulated exam session with feedback about your essay. Click here to book an appointment.
- Come to the English Exit Exam preparation workshops offered by the Learning Centre on the following days:
"Preparing for the English Exit Exam" Workshops
Wednesday, April 17th, 12pm-1pm, A312
Wednesday, April 24th, 12pm-1pm, A312
Thursday, April 25th, 5pm-6pm - A-329
Friday April 26th, 2:30pm-3:30pm, A306
Wednesday, May 1st, 12pm-1pm, A302
Wednesday, May 8th, 12pm-1pm, A312
"Practicing for the English Exit Exam" Workshops
Wednesday, May 1st, 5pm-6pm, A312
Monday, May 6th, 5pm-6pm
- If, because of the demands of your program, you cannot attend the workshops, we will organize a special workshop for you.