|> The Learning Centre > Testing > English Admissions Test
Vanier College wants you to be successful in your studies. Consequently, it is important that you have sufficient proficiency in your English skills. If you are a student whose first language or language of instruction is not English, you may be required to show that you have the ability to perform adequately in the English language. Vanier College will notify you if you are required to write this test.
- The test will take two hours.
- Dictionaries are not allowed.
- Click for information on the Test Format.
- Note: Certain Technology programs will require some applicants to complete an oral component.
Preparation for the English Exam
- Click here to download sample tests that illustrate various problems that contribute to having a failing paper.
- For more help in spelling, essay writing, etc., consult our tipsheets, or go to the Links & Resources page.
- Become an editor of your own work, especially when writing the exam. Read your work aloud to find awkward sentences or grammar errors.
- Read in English everyday - newspapers, magazines, books.
- Watch English television.
- Listen to English radio.
- Speak in English with your friends and family.
- Take full advantage of any English courses you are taking at school.
- Consider taking an English course.
(Click to see the courses available to you through Vanier's Language School).
Services for Students at Vanier
- Prepatory English classes specifically designed for ESL learners and with fewer students
- The Learning Centre:
- The Mathematics & Science Centre
- Social Science Peer Tutoring (for help in Social Science subjects)
The tests and information here are only intended to help guide you in preparing for and writing the English Test.
If you have any further questions, please contact us at email@example.com