Private Tutoring Request for English, Math and Science Subjects
Fill out the Private Tutoring Request form below, read the Agreement carefully and agree to it.
You will be contacted by one of our tutors when a pairing has been made.
Please note that we are currently not accepting additional requests for 1-on-1 tutoring for English and math/science subjects.
Free drop-in peer tutoring is available daily. Visit us in E-300.
The Writing Centre (back of E-300) also offers drop-in teacher help with English.
Terms of Agreement for Private Tutoring
- You will be allowed a maximum of ten (10) hours of private tutoring per semester for English.
- You will be allowed a maximum of ten (10) hours of private tutoring per semester for Math, Science or Technology subjects.
- You will arrange to meet with the tutor at a mutually convenient time and location (must be on campus).
- If you are unable to attend a scheduled tutoring session, you will call or MIO your tutor AT LEAST one night in advance.
- If you no longer wish to continue with your tutoring sessions, you will inform your tutor and the coordinator of the peer tutoring service (Ashley Rankin, email@example.com).
- If you miss more than 2 tutoring sessions, without having advised your tutor ahead of time, you will no longer be allowed to use the private tutoring services.
- You will arrive to the tutoring sessions on time and come prepared to learn with questions, books and homework.
- You will not expect the tutor to do your work for you (including proof reading essays).
- You understand that we will make every effort to match you with a qualified tutor and we cannot guarantee that a tutor will be available for every request.
- At the end of the semester, you agree to fill out an electronic evaluation form.
- You will inform the coordinator of the peer tutoring service (Ashley Rankin, firstname.lastname@example.org), in E-302, as soon as possible if I have any problems or concerns.