Vanier 2015 Science and Technology Fair: Participants and Projects
1) Vanier “Biomechanics” Group: Gabriel Alexander, Veselko Bakula, Mathieu Corbett, Anna Gostevcic, Annika Lesage, Osama Rehman and Elizabeth Siciliani together with a group of McGill Engineering students: Abdullah Abdelghani, Imran Jameel, Asal Kaveh, Yely Lapina and Maged Yassin. Project: “BIOMECHANICS STUDY AND CREATION OF A PROSTHETIC/ROBOT HAND”. To read more click here.
2) The “Florescence” group: Michael Pratte, Davindra Singh, Qinyang Du and Maricel Dizon Soriano presents: “A STUDY OF THE PHOTOSYNTHETIC EFFICIENCY OF LIMA BEAN PLANTS WHEN GROWN IN A ZERO ELECTRICAL FIELD, NON-MAGNETIC FIELD AND AN EMULSIFIABLE CONCENTRATE 0.01% PYRETHRINS PESTICIDE TREATED SOIL”. To read more click here.
3) The “water quality group” Eric Zimmermann, Ghassan Maraouch, and Frédéric Abou Azar will present their findings on “THE QUALITY OF TAP WATER AT VANIER”. To read more click here.
4) The “Green Energy” group Christapor Torossian and Jason Eddrief will present a project on “THE CREATION OF A LOW-WIND-SPEED WINDMILL” that will be installed at Vanier. To read more click here.
5) The “Ecologic Island” group form the National College “Mircea the Elder” Constanta, Romania will present their project on “THE DESIGN OF AN ECOLOGICAL ISLAND IN THE BLACK SEE EUROPE”. Students: Andoni Bogdan George, Cozma Marina, Cusa Elia, Dinca Bogdan Cristian, Georgescu Flavia Ana-Maria, Iliaz Diana Mariana, Stanciu Andrea Cristina and Strimbeanu Ana-Maria. To read more click here.
Click here to see pictures from the Science Fair event.
Click here to watch the 2015 Science Fair video.