NEXT STAR APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 10 2018 (last day of classes of the fall semester)
To apply for the S.T.A.R. program, please complete the online application form. You must complete one online form per S.T.A.R. category.
If your involvement supervisor(s) is a Vanier staff member, they will be contacted to verify your involvement hours. If your involvement supervisor(s) is not a Vanier staff member, you will need them to complete and sign the Involvement Supervisor Verification Form (linked above). Once your supervisor has completed it, scan the form and upload it into the online S.T.A.R. application.
You can complete involvement hours in more than one place. However, all the hours you accumulate must be from the same category to receive that specific S.T.A.R. recognition.
S.T.A.R. recognition will be on your Vanier College transcript only after the final grades are submitted and all the applications have been processed. You will be contacted by MIO to let you know if your application was approved.
You can only received S.T.A.R. recognition if:
- You completed at least 60 hours of involvement in one of the S.T.A.R. categories
- You are a full time student
- You are in good academic standing
- You did not receive financial compensation or academic credit for your involvement
- You have a supervisor who can verify you completed the involvement hours
- You completed the hours during the designated time frames each semester
For any questions, see Kristen Whitelaw in B-205D.
Thank you for your interest in being a S.T.A.R!