What is the S.T.A.R Program?
A government-mandated program, the Student Transcript Activity Record (S.T.A.R) is a non credit entry on your official transcript that recognizes 60+ hours of volunteer work in your school or community. This program exists in colleges across Quebec.
Participation in the S.T.A.R. program will be noted on your official Vanier College transcript when you graduate. It is recognized by university scholarship committees as part of your volunteer entrance requirements when applying to university scholarship programs, and recognized for university admission and by future employers. By making a difference in your community, you will show that you are a responsible citizen.
What qualifications do I need?
- You must be a full-time student at Vanier during the period of involvement. If you are in your last semester at Vanier and not taking full-time classes, you can still apply.
- You must complete a minimum of 60 hours of services with your activity.
- You must be in good academic standing.
- You must not obtain any form of compensation for your involvement in the activity.
- You must give us information detailing your experience and your skills development when you have completed your volunteer hours.
- You must have the form signed by your volunteer work supervisor or mentor.
Keep in mind:
- It is up to you to find your own volunteer work. We will not find the volunteer opportunity for you, but we can definitely offer you suggestions!
- Volunteer work can be at Vanier College or off-campus.
- Your 60+ volunteer hours must be done during the course of one semester. However, you can accumulate volunteer hours during the summer months which will count towards your Fall application.