What is the S.T.A.R. Program?
Student Transcript Activity Record (S.T.A.R) is a non credit entry on your official transcript that recognizes 60+ hours of involvement at Vanier and/or in your community. This program exists in colleges across Quebec.
Participation in the S.T.A.R. program will be noted on your official Vanier College transcript when you graduate. It is recognized by university scholarship committees, university admissions departments, and by future employers.
What do I need to receive S.T.A.R. recognition?
- At least 60 hours of involvement in one of the seven S.T.A.R. categories
- Be a full time student
- Be in good academic standing
- Do not receive financial compensation or academic credit for your involvement
- Have a supervisor who can verify you completed the involvement hours
- Complete the hours during the designated time frames each semester
- Submit the online application before the last day of classes each semester
What are the seven categories of involvement?
- Social & Community
- Arts & Culture
If you are looking for suggestions of ways you can get involved, drop by Student Life in B-205D or check out the volunteer board near the amphitheater.