Application deadline: Thursday, December 7th, 2017. Applications are available at the Dean’s office in A-286 or feel free to download them here.
If you need further details email firstname.lastname@example.org
What is Honours Social Science & Commerce?
Honours Social Science is a program for students with high academic standing, interest and ability in the social sciences. This program promotes competence and recognises excellence. Students in the Honours Social Science Program follow the same courses as other Social Science students. However, they must take the special Honours sections of Quantitative Methods, Research Methods, the Integrative Project course and the Honours B-Block Humanities course entitled Ethical Issues. Students can be in a Social Science Major and also in the Honours program.
What are the Benefits of being in the Honours Social Science Program?
- Enrichment The program provides students with the opportunity to pursue some advanced studies at the Cegep level. This is helpful when applying to university and can provide a head start for students planning to go into a university honours program, graduate school, or a competitive program.
- Recognition Each Honours course is indicated on the student’s transcript. Every student who successfully completes the Honours program receives an Honours Social Science attestation.
- Faculty Support Students are taught by experienced and dedicated faculty members who provide special tutorial support and also volunteer to devote extra time to their students.
- Group Identification Students and teachers form a cohesive community within the larger college. Students work together both in and outside of class. They provide friendship and support for each other.
What are the Admission Requirements?
Students can apply to this program only after they have completed one semester in Social Science at Cegep. They will be selected from among the applicants on the basis of their overall averages, with special reference to their Social Science course grades during the autumn semester. To be eligible for selection, students must have completed seven courses including four concentration courses. Students who are accepted in the program will be notified in early January, before their registration appointments.
What are the Program Requirements?
- Students will be required to complete all requirements for a DCS in Social Science within two years. Summer school and intensive courses are allowed. Summer courses, only between the second and third semesters, are pemitted.
- Students will be registered in special honours sections of Quantitative Methods, Research Methods, the Integrative Project course and the Honours B-Block Humanities course. A minimum of 70% is required in each of these courses.
- An overall average of 80% in five out of eight Social Science courses must be obtained in their last three semesters.
When to apply?
A student must apply by the last day of classes during the autumn semester of their first term at the college. For this semester the deadline to apply is Thursday, December 7th, 2017. Click here to download the application form. If you need further details email email@example.com.
Where to apply?
Applications are to be submitted to the Dean of Social Science, Commerce, Arts and Letters, Room A 286.