Vanier College Security Services is committed to providing a safe and secure College environment in keeping with the Mission Statement of this College.
Vanier College Security Services:
- Operates an operation center located in F-230-231 which can be contacted by telephone 24/7. (Local 7575). The operation center provides the community with a central communication point to report any problems or emergencies on campus.
- Conducts preventive security patrols in all buildings and grounds of the college.
- Monitors the alarm systems of the college
- Monitors the extensive video-surveillance system of the college
- Provides security services for special events such as:
- Special college or faculty events that may require VIP security
- Special events that may require crowd control or traffic control.
- After hour events
- Events serving alcoholic beverages
- Investigates any illegal activities that may occur on campus
- Liaises with the municipal, provincial and federal law enforcement agencies
- Manages the lost and found service
- Consults and advises the community on matters related to security and safety
- Enforces College policies and applicable regulations, laws and codes.
Parking Service responsibilities:
- Enforces parking regulations
- Distributes and controls parking decals distribution.
- Oversees and controls on campus traffic
- Maintains Security patrols of the parking area
Fire Prevention responsibilities:
- Responds to all fire emergencies on campus
- Follow up reports and investigations leading to recommendations to increase fire safety
- Inspections to ensure fire safety regulations are followed
- Assistance in the planning and preparation of events that may present a fire hazard
Health & Safety responsibilities:
- Inspects Health & Safety issues on campus
- Makes recommendations to improve H&S on campus, and involving college activities
- Provides safety guidelines to the community
- Keep records of hazardous material on campus
- Responds to any incident involving hazardous material (Spills, first aid, etc.)