Notice of Claim
A notice of claim will be issued for any infraction of the parking regulation by Société Parc-Auto du Québec (SPAQ). Safety & Security Services will not cancel any notice that have been issued on Campus. Notices are paid directly to SPAQ through mail, banking or internet banking.
As of the 1st of august 2012, the notices of claim are 28$.
Follow the instruction below to pay for your notice of claim:
(No Cash – your cashed cheque acts as your payment receipt)
- Make the cheque or money order to “Société Parc-Auto du Québec.
- Include the tear off slip with your payment
- Insert the payment and tear off slip in the enveloppe that was provided.
- Do not forget to put a stamp on the enveloppe before mailing it.
By online banking:
- Use your financial institution website
- Select SPAQ or Société Parc-Auto du Québec as service provider
- For the account number, enter the 8 digits that are printed on the bottom left portion of your parking ticket
If your vehicle is towed, you will have to contact the sub-contracting company Remorquage Taxi Montreal at 514-940-2277 and arrange with them for the retrieval of your vehicle. Safety & Security Services will not assist anyone in the retrieval of their vehicle.
The current towing fees are of 65$ plus taxes and are in addition to the notice of claim.
DISCLAIMER: The following information is not legal advice. It is for educational and informational purposes only
If the vehicle has been removed from campus, the towing operator may request payments before releasing the vehicle. You have no obligation to pay on the spot and towing operators cannot threaten to hold your vehicle until payment is received.
As a vehicle operator, you may request that an invoice be produced by the towing operator and that the invoice has to be paid within 10 days or additional fees may be requested.
The towing operator may require a valid piece of identification before releasing the vehicle, but nothing in the law forces you to disclose your identity to a tow truck driver.
In any case, if one of the parties is not satisfied with how the discussions are going, they are free to contact SPVM for assistance.
If you believe you have been treated unfairly by a towing operator, here is the procedure to file a complaint:
1) Contact security as soon as you believe you are being treated unfairly
2) An agent will come, assess the situation and see what can be done to resolve the issue.
3) An event log will be created with a unique event number, that even number can be provided to you to add to your complain form in order to facilitate corroboration of your narrative.
4) Complete the Towing Complaint Form and bring it to the Security office.
5) Once the complaint is completed, filed and corroborated, it is sent to our contractors so that any required actions can be taken.