The Vanier College Foundation Student Art Acquisition Scholarship will be used to purchase student art works, beginning in the Winter 2017 semester. The goal of the scholarship is to promote student success and highlight student art work by purchasing it and displaying it in various areas of the college. At the same time, this scholarship would offer financial support to students and lead to the creation of an art bank that would help showcase the talents of our students in disciplines such as photography, sculpture, drawing and painting.
The Vanier College Student Art Acquisition Scholarship will operate as follows:
- Open to all Vanier College Students
- All media are accepted: drawings, paintings, photography, video art work, installation art and sculpture.
- $2,000 annually. The money will be used to purchase varying amounts of artwork each year. Prices would depend on the scope, size, materials used etc.
- Prospective participants can submit their work with the finalists having their work shown at the Henry Lehmann Gallery. The selection committee members would vet the submissions and chose the best pieces, which would then be purchased by the college and displayed in certain pre-selected areas such as the Board Room, DG’s Board Room, Carrefour etc.
- In order to encourage the artists whose works were displayed in the gallery but not purchased by the college, a silent auction will be held where members of the college community could bid to purchase these pieces.
All students wishing to participate would be required to submit:
- 1 finished piece
- An artist statement
- A short biography and description of their future career aspirations.
More information click here.