Candidates must first meet the admission criteria and be accepted into the 351.AO DCS/DEC program whose specific admission criteria are:
- have completed a Diplôme d’études collégiales (Diploma of Collegial Studies DEC/DCS) from Québec
- be a Canadian Citizen or a Permanent Resident
- be a Quebec Resident for at least 1 year
In addition, in order to be admitted into the RAC evaluation process in the above-mentioned program, a candidate must:
- provide written proof from an employer(s) attesting to having a minimum of 2 years of local experience working in the Special Care Counselling field (1 year of experience is equivalent to 1,664 paid hours)
- have the ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing
- have the motivation, aptitudes, and time availability needed to undertake and complete the RAC evaluation process.