The following course grid (Program of Study) is recommended. Some flexibility is possible, but students who wish to take courses not on this grid must first check with the Social Science Majors Coordinator.
The Social Science Major in Psychology consists of 29 courses:
14 General Education courses
- 4 English
- 3 Humanities
- 2 French
- 3 Physical Education
- 2 Complementary
15 Social Science Program Courses
- Introduction to Psychology
- History of Western Civilization
- Macro Economics
- 3 Methodology courses
- 3 additional Initiation courses
- 1 compulsory Analysis course, Psychological Disorders
- 2 additional Analysis courses
- 2 Application courses
- 1 Enrichment course
Of the last five courses, two must be chosen from the Optional Psychology Courses listed opposite.
Students planning to study Psychology at a Quebec English university are advised to include Human Biology (Application) and Advanced Statistics in their program.
Students planning to study Psychology at a Quebec French university are required to include Human Biology (Application) and Advanced Statistics in their program.
Optional Psychology Courses for Psychology Majors
- Sexuality and Relationships
- Adolescence and Emerging Adulthood
- Social Psychology
- Developmental Psychology
- Psychology of Women
- Psychology of Cults
- The Brain and Behaviour
- Psychology of Relationships
- Sports Psychology
- Cultural Psychology
- Human Learning, Memory and Intelligence
- Psychology Of Health and Happiness
- Psychology of Work
- Issues in Contemporary Psychology
- Note: Not all of these courses are offered every semester.