The PERFORMA Master Teacher Program (MTP) is divided into three, 15-credit segments, for a total of 45 credits: Graduate Certificate (15), Graduate Diploma (15) and Master of Education (15). Teachers may apply for one release in each of the three 15-credit segments, plus one extra release while completing their research, for a maximum of four releases for the full 45-credit MTP.
For more information:
- Funding conditions
- Application procedure
- Important dates for the upcoming academic year
- Important dates for the 2016-2017 academic year
- Contact information
- Vanier College will determine how much release per semester will be granted.
- A priority list will be maintained by Pedagogical Support and Innovation (PSI), in the event that too many applications are received for the available release.
- In the event that an MTP course is cancelled in a semester, the teacher will be able to delay the use of their release.
- A written report describing the impact of completing the MTP course(s) must be submitted to PSI upon completion of the release.
- Proof of successful completion of the course(s) will be required at the end of the semester.
- Teachers must be admitted (or intend to be admitted) into the University of Sherbrooke, PERFORMA, Master Teacher Program.
- Teachers must intend to register in a minimum of two credits of MTP courses within one semester in order to apply for release.
- Teachers must not have already received release within the same 15-credit segment.
Please provide one hard copy (with appropriate signatures) and one (unsigned) electronic copy of the completed MTP application form (PDF) to Joanne Guay email@example.com, B228E, by Monday, February 13, 2017.
Important dates for the upcoming academic year
1. Deadline for submission is February 13, 2017.
2. A written report, describing the impact of completing the MTP course(s) on participant’s own pedagogy, along with proof of successful completion of the course(s), will be required by February 26, 2018 (for the Autumn 2017 release) and August 13, 2018 (for the Winter 2018 release).
Important dates for the 2016-2017 academic year
A written report, describing the impact of completing the MTP course(s) on participant’s own pedagogy, along with proof of successful completion of the course(s), will be required by February 27, 2017 (for the Autumn 2016 release) and August 14, 2017 (for the Winter 2017 release).
Any questions about the Master Teacher Program should be directed to Joanne Guay, Pedagogical Counsellor, Academic Programs and MTP/Performa, email firstname.lastname@example.org, PSI office B228E, telephone extension 7559.