AQPC Winter Bulletin Overview
The AQPC Winter Bulletin is now online. Here are the highlights:
- A call for new members of the francophone editorial board (for details, see below)
- A reminder that, this June, Vanier and College St. Laurent will be hosting the next AQPC conference. The conference, whose theme is Our Legacy, promises to be a stimulating one. No fewer than 128 presentations and workshops of 75 minutes are scheduled. Presenters and animators will discuss best practices or research results or share projects they are embarking on in hopes of garnering some reflection and feedback from participants. More than 1,500 attendees are expected. The conference program is available online.
- Conference goers who register between the end of March and May 6, will be able to do so at a reduced rate. Click here to register.
- Those interested in renewing their AQPC membership can do so when they register for the conference. A reduced conference rate for AQPC members covers the membership fee. As well, members receive a 30% reduction in the price of AQPC books and access to exclusive, online content. Click here to see more details on these and other member advantages.
- Every year during the conference, the AQPC recognizes educators for their contribution to college-level pedagogy. They are currently looking for nominations for two prizes:
Nominations must be submitted before April 7, 2017.
- If you would like to stay up-to-date with the latest AQPC conference news, like the conference Facebook page.
- The latest issue of Pédagogie Collégiale is now available. Members should be receiving their copy via internal mail. If you are not a member and would like to borrow a copy, there are several available in the faculty deans and PSI offices.
- The bulletin lists the different communities of practices available to AQPC members and a New Teachers CoP for teachers who have less than two years experience. You can check out these resources here (in French) and here (in English).
The Francophone Editorial Board of Pédagogie Collégiale Is Looking for Members
Pédagogie Collégiale is looking for new members to join the Pédagogie Collégiale francophone editorial board team. This role may be for you if you are passionate about educational innovation or research, have a good command of the French language, are skilled at assessing a text’s structure and organization, demonstrate superior reading skills, a good critical sense, and have good knowledge of pedagogy and the college environment and pedagogy.
Editorial board members will be required to read up to a dozen submitted papers which will be discussed during editorial board meetings one Friday a month. The location and date of the meetings will be determined by the committee members at the beginning of each year.
If this adventure and commitment sounds interesting to you, please contact the editorial board by May 1, 2017. To submit your application, send a brief CV and a short, one page text describing the contribution you would make to Pédagogie Collégiale.
To submit your application or to ask us questions, please contact the editor of the journal, Stéphanie Carle at firstname.lastname@example.org.