The AQPC’s fall bulletin, VOLUME 31, issue 1, is now available online in French and can be downloaded by clicking here.
Here are some highlights from the issue:
AQPC Conferences Past and Future:
- Over 1500 participants attended the 36th annual AQPC Conference this past spring. The conference was a great success and many of those who presented have shared their presentation documents online.
- Also available online is a list of the AQPC administrators elected for the 2016-2017 year, as well as short bios of educators recognized for their contribution to college level pedagogy during the conference:
- The 2017 AQPC Conference will be hosted by Vanier College and Cégep St. Laurent June 6, 7, and 8th at Concordia’s downtown campus. If you know out-of-towners needing lodging, you can direct them to a list of affordable nearby hotels that will offer reduced prices for AQPC attendees.
- A call for papers for this conference will soon be sent out. The deadline to submit proposals is January 13th.
- The 2018 AQPC Conference will be held in Saint Hyacinthe, June 6th to 8th. More details to follow throughout the coming year.
- Want to be kept up to date on future AQPC conferences? Like the AQPC’s Facebook page.
- During last spring’s conference the AQPC publication Enseigner et participer au changement. Le développement durable au collegial was launched. A collaborative effort, the book explores the integration of sustainable development into one’s teaching and offers practical ideas for how to do so.
- This year, the AQPC has developed the following online communities for its members and for teachers new to the college network:
- New Teachers (available in English and in French)
- Communauté des Conseillers Pédagogiques (available in French only)
To access a community, log into the AQPC site. New teachers who are not members, and do not yet wish to be, can contact Patti Kingsmill to sign up for the New Teacher community.
The AQPC Journal Pédagogie Collégiale
There are perks to being an AQPC member:
- 30% off all AQPC publications and the convenience of buying them online
- A one-year subscription to the four issues of Pédagogie collégiale
- Online access to exclusive resources including the most recent four issues of Pédagogie collégiale.
- Rebates and privileges with the AQPC’s business partners such as Groupe Voyages CPFC, CampusDiscount, and SSQauto.
For your convenience, the bulletin concludes with a list of the AQPC’s administrators, their roles, and contact information should you need to get in touch with any of them.