Call for Proposals
The call for Paper and Interactive Poster Proposals is now open for the 2015 SALTISE Annual Conference “Inspiring Change, Leveraging Evidence: New models of designing instruction”
We welcome proposals for paper and poster presentations on the conference theme and on best practices related to active learning pedagogical approaches. Presentations from individuals and groups, in both English and French, are accepted (see details below).
Submission deadline: Monday April 20th, 2015.
Interested participants should contact SALTISE at firstname.lastname@example.org
(Applicants will be informed of proposal decisions within 10 days of the submission deadline.)
Paper and poster topics include but are not limited to:
- Pedagogical Change: Teaching and Instruction
- Changing Teaching Practices
- Communities of Practice
- Reflective Practice
- Curriculum, Evaluation, and Assessment
- Student Engagement
- Visualization of Knowledge
- Scaffolding Knowledge Construction
- Evaluating Active Learning Pedagogical Change using Technology
- New Learning Environments
- Blended Learning Models
- Intelligent Tutoring Systems
- Teaching for Understanding and Conceptual Change
- Role of Technology in Learning
- Educational Technology
- Science Teacher Education
- Please submit your proposal as a word document (saved as: ‘Lastname, First name-SALTISE2015.doc’) in an email attachment to email@example.com by April 20th, 2015.
- Submissions and presentations may be in either English or French.
- Please include the following details in your proposal:
- Author(s) names, institution, and department
- 200-word abstract
- Presentation type (see below)
- Any special computer or equipment presentation needs
- If your presentation requires Internet connection
- Presenters must be registered and available to present and attend the conference on June 2nd.
Abstract evaluation criteria
Abstracts will be evaluated according to:
- relevance to the conference theme
- organization and clarity
- potential to contribute to the goals and outcomes of the SALTISE community
We accept the following formats:
- Short Paper. Short paper presentations will be scheduled in three blocks of parallel 75-minute sessions. Presentations should be 15 minutes in length, with 5 minutes for Q&A, providing space for 3 presenters per session and 10 minutes of joint discussion time at the end.
- Interactive Poster. Targeted poster sessions combine the graphic display of materials with the opportunity to discuss the research. Sessions will be organized around a common theme or body of work. Presenters introduce their posters with brief opening statements and end the session with a panel discussion of the topic. The remaining time allows attendees to visit posters. Posters should be 3′ by 4’, max.
- Poster. Do you have a great project you want to publicize? This is ideal for students or those who want to show their “work – in – progress”. The poster session will be 11:45 – 12:45 pm, with posters on display all day. Posters should be 3′ by 4′, max.
You will receive confirmation of acceptance within 10 days of the submission deadline.
For any questions regarding proposal submissions, please contact the Conference Committee at: firstname.lastname@example.org