Profile: CFCF/CTV News anchor
Date of Birth: January 21
Birthplace: Shiroishi, Japan
Education: Vanier College, Concordia University; B.A., M.B.A.
Free Time: Does volunteer work for Aids organizations, is a voracious reader, loves to knit and do needlepoint and plays piano for her dogs
Little Known Fact: Studied piano at Toronto Conservatory of Music at the age of six

Mutsumi Takahashi believes strongly in the importance of education and communication. This comes as no surprise to those who know Mutsumi for both her parents are academics and she continues to pursue her own learning and to pass it on to others because “passing on information to those who are still learning is really important to me”.

Mutsumi’s interest in the electronic media began at Concordia University where she started out as a reader on Radio Sir George (CRSG). By the time she graduated in 1979, she had become the News Director. Never one to do be satisfied with doing just one job well, Mutsumi looked for more challenges. During her time at Concordia she was a reporter for the student newspaper The Georgian, and hosted a series of interview programs for Concordia University TV (CUTV) in conjunction with CTV Montreal, then known as CFCF.

After a brief career in radio, first as an intern at CKGM and then as a newsreader and interviewer at CJFM, Mutsumi arrived at CFCF in 1982 as a news reporter.

Her investigative acumen and professional style of journalism quickly won her a place at the anchor desk of CFCF News after only four years.

A genuine interest in people and facts lead Mutsumi to become a regular contributor on CFCF’s community-based program, Park Avenue Metro.

Mutsumi Takahashi shared the 6pm weeknight news anchor desk with RTNDA Lifetime Achievement recipient Bill Haugland, from 1986 until his retirement in November 2006.

She now anchors the the news with Paul Karwatsky.

Photos

Website Feedback