- All registered Vanier students who are library users and who do not have outstanding fines or liabilities of $10.00 or more, may borrow a computer.
- All users are required to have a valid Vanier I.D. card in order to borrow a computer.
- The Library computers are reserved for research purposes only and any information entered on the computer may be recorded or monitored for security reasons.
- Users must log on with their user name and password in order to use a computer. The users’ time limit will appear on screen. Users will be logged off automatically when their time limit is reached.
- Time limits may be extended by staff members if no one else is waiting to use a computer.
- Computer users may not alter configurations on the hard drives, nor in any way endanger the proper functioning of the computers and the network.
- Computer users may not download or upload any software or data onto the computers.
- The Copyright Act of Canada must be respected.
- No game playing, consumption of food, instant messaging or chat room activities will be tolerated.
- Students will lose their privilege to borrow Vanier College Library computers if caught eating or drinking near a computer (from two weeks to an entire semester).
- All computers are Deep Frozen. After being turned off or reset, the computer does not retain any data that may be saved on the computer.
- The Library is not responsible for students’ files that may become lost or corrupted during their usage of the computers.
- Computer users must save their files on a USB drive or CD in case of power outages, the computer being reset or turned off.
- The Faculty computer will require a User Name and Password to be accessed.
Questions, Comments or Complaints:
Questions, comments or complaints about this policy or its application should be addressed to the Public Services Librarian
|Telephone:||514-744-7500 local 8222|
The above regulations can be downloaded in PDF form here.