Download our new brochure and application form here.
Monday to Friday, 9 am to 1 pm or from 1 pm to 5 pm, depending on the result of your placement test.*
Students in the beginner to low-intermediate level may be required to study from 1 pm to 5 pm.
This intensive non-credit program is designed for people who wish to improve their speaking, listening, reading and writing skills. There will be a placement test on the first day of class.
Four levels are offered. Instruction focuses on language acquisition. Students follow textbooks from the "North Star" series, depending on their level. There is regular testing of the material, and students are expected to complete homework assignments, write book reports, and prepare for weekly oral presentations.
- There are 4 levels: Beginner, Intermediate, High-Intermediate and Advanced.
- The placement test is on the first day of class.
- Each level generally takes 10 weeks to complete.*
A Certificate of Achievement is awarded at the end of each level. Textbooks are included in the price.
Conversation Partners (1 pm to 2 pm or 5 pm to 6 pm)
Students have the option of participating in the Conversation Program. The Conversation Partners are Vanier students from many different academic programs and cultural backgrounds. The Conversation Partners are fluent in English, and very friendly!
Summer Afternoon Activities
In the summer, participate in outings and school activities that will help you practice your English.
TOEFL or IELTS Preparation
This program is ideal for you to prepare for TOEFL OR IELTS. We will provide you with practice tests to do as homework while you study the four skills that TOEFL tests in class.
What is Included in the Price?
Take advantage of our amazing value. The prices below give you all of the following and MORE!
- All tuition fees
- Registration fees
- Student ID card
- Vanier College Library Membership
- Use of all College facilities, including computer labs and sports complex (there is a $35 per semester charge to use the Fitness center. Note that the use of these facilities is dependent on their schedule)
- Participation in Language School outings
- Academic advising and education planning
- Help with applications for CAQ, Study Permit
- Help with application to Vanier College academic programs
- Students 16-25: Possibility to Obtain an STM Reduced fare pass
- Transcripts and Certificates
- Conversation Partners
Students must be at least 16 years old at the start of the program. Students who are 16 and 17 years old must have a legal guardian in Montreal and notarized guardianship forms must be submitted; email us for these.