Please note that this site is best viewed with the most recent browsers and that exercises might not work if a pop-up blocker is installed. Recent browsers: IE 6.0, Netscape 7.2, Mozilla 1.7.3, and Firefox 1.0.
10 Tips for Using English Now: An Online Tutorial
1. Start with Unit 1.
2. Each unit teaches you one verb tense (e.g. Unit 1 - The Present Simple).
3. In each unit, do the exercises in order.
4. Read all instructions carefully.
5. Use the buttons at the top or bottom of each page to move to the next page.
6. Words that are underlined are vocabulary words that will be used in the crossword puzzles at the end of each unit.
Between exercises, there are rule pages:
8. You can move from one answer box to the next using the TAB key on your keyboard. (Note: this is very useful for dictation exercises.)
10. We are open to all comments and suggestions. Please take a moment to evaluate this site. Click on the button located at the bottom left of the page.
- Make sure your speakers or headphones are plugged in and turned on.
- If you are using speakers, adjust the volume on your speakers.
- Double-click the picture of the speaker on the right side of your taskbar.
- Make sure that the boxes next to the first two "Mutes" are not checked. Move the first two volume bars to the top.
- In your audio player, make sure that "Mute" is off and that the volume is at its highest.
- If your volume is too high, lower it using your speakers or your audio player.
This website is maintained by The Learning Centre. For comments
please EMAIL us.
All rights reserved. Copyright ©2004. Cégep Vanier College