The video editor is responsible for creating fluid edits for Vanier Television. They must be flexible in accepting different project types (events, films, sports etc.).
Time Commitment: 28 hours a semester (roughly 2 hours a week)
– Should have basic knowledge of computers and software: Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator etc.
– Must be able to work with the creative
– A great listening, good at taking feedback and adapting
An editing station at home is an asset.
*Please note that this is a volunteer job however sometimes jobs may be paid. When project funding is available, the lead editor and editing team will be prioritized whenever compensation is possible.
– Access to equipment (Editing Suite, Camera etc.)
– Volunteer hours can be put towards a S.T.A.R. credit on your transcript
– Official reference and recognition from the College by the Director of Communications and Corporate Affairs
– Increase your marketability to future employers
– Professional work experience for your CV
– Build a portfolio
– Participate in VTV social events (Pizza lunches, meet & greet, Lip Sync Battle)
To learn more about VTV, visit http://vtv.vaniercollege.qc.ca.
Apply Online or Fill out our printable PDF form and bring it to F-229. Forms are also available in F-229.