The social media manager is responsible for creating and uploading new and exciting content on the VTV Facebook and Twitter pages using tools like HootSuite and Tweet Deck. They should be very savvy about social media and how to use it to deliver clear and concise news and posting.
Time Commitment: 20 hours a semester (roughly 1.5 hours a week)
– Excellent writing skills
– Great at creating witty captions and titles
– Interested in Marketing, Communications and Social Media
*Please note that this is a volunteer job however sometimes jobs may be paid. When project funding is available, the lead editor and editing team will be prioritized whenever compensation is possible.
– Free social media training and workshops
– Access to equipment (Computers, Ipads etc.)
– Volunteer hours can be put towards a S.T.A.R. credit on your transcript
– Official reference and recognition from the College by the Director of Communications and Corporate Affairs
– Increase your marketability to future employers
– Professional work experience for your CV
– Build a portfolio
– Participate in VTV social events (Pizza lunches, meet & greet, Lip Sync Battle)
To learn more about VTV, visit http://vtv.vaniercollege.qc.ca.
Apply Online or Fill out our printable PDF form and bring it to F-229. Forms are also available in F-229.