Founded in 2002 at Stanford University, Digital Media Academy is known for its premiere summer programs hosted at 20+ locations including McGill University in Montreal. DMA provides hands-on, project-based learning experiences in a broad range of digital arts, media and technology topics.
Note: Digital Media Academy does NOT provide instructor housing or accommodations
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, candidates MUST apply online via DMA’s job website: https://jobs.digitalmediaacademy.org/summer-positions. Please include a portfolio link if applicable.
LOCATIONS & DATES
Program takes place at McGill University in Montreal. On site orientation is on August 5, and program setup is on August 3. Staff members are expected to attend and will be compensated.
Courses are one-week each and run from Monday – Friday, 9a – 5p. Staff members must be available full time for the week of their assigned course.
OPENINGS BY COURSE
Instructor: Leads and instructs specific DMA courses. The instructor position is an excellent growth opportunity for college upperclassmen with 2-3 years of completed coursework, graduate students, new grads and professionals alike. Experience working with youth is a plus! We are specifically seeking Instructors for the following courses:
August 6 – 10
- Wearable Tech & Fashion Design (hands-on circuits)
- iOS Game Programming
August 13 – 17
- Electronics (hands-on circuits)
- 3D Printing & Product Design
August 20 – 24
- 3D Modeling with Maya
- 3D Printing & Modeling
Read more about our class offerings at https://digitalmediaacademy.org
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teach key concepts in a variety of formats: hands-on, direct instruction, group work and one-on-one with students
- Utilize DMA provided curriculum and resources, ensuring an organized, fun, and rewarding experience for students
- Teach with passion, structure and expertise while guiding students through the completion of a personal project
- Depending on the size and scope of the class, collaborate with and oversee one or more Assistant Instructors/TA’s who will assist with group project work, one-on-one with students and/or a sub-group of students during the week
- Take part in weekly staff meetings, to occur before and/or after camp on a designated day each week
- Assist with set up before camp starts and classroom turnover at the end of each week as necessary
- Assist with student check in and orientation on Monday mornings
Compensation ranges between $800 – 1075/wk and is commensurate with experience, type of course assigned, and qualifications.
Apply online via https://jobs.digitalmediaacademy.org/summer-positions. All applicants must apply online via DMA’s job website to be considered.
Apply online via https://jobs.digitalmediaacademy.org/summer-positions. Submit a resume with your application and a portfolio link if applicable.