Our technical support team is seeking a dynamic, energetic, and friendly individual. In a position where you will be dealing directly with our clients, you will improve your skill sets required to resolve issues in a professional and accurate manner. Part of this essential skill set is familiarity with general computer networking principals, as well as multimedia applications. You will increase your knowledge with each call.
As a Representative, Technical Support you will:
– Work towards resolving our clients and distributors’ hardware or software problems as quickly and efficiently as possible to reduce the downtime of their device.
– Through troubleshooting via telephone, e-mail and web forums, your goal will be to identify their issues. i. correct the problem or find a work around ; ii. reproduce and report a Matrox bug; iii. follow up with customer when a bug is corrected and help deploy the fix.
– Determine if a product has a hardware defect and ensure it is repaired or exchanged.
– Document all contacts in order to maintain a history of our clients and their problems.
· DEC in Computer Science Technology, AEC or CEC Network management or Support, or the equivalent
· Experience with computer networks including: LAN, WAN, 10/100/Gig Ethernet, Firewall, and TCP/IP. Previous technical support and customer service experience wll be considered an asset.
· No prior video encoding experience is required, but is an asset; training will be provided.
· An excellent command of the English and French language is a necessity
To apply, please forward your resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources, Matrox Electronic Systems Ltd.
1055 blvd. St-Regis, Dorval, Qc, H9P 2T4
Fax: (514) 822-6274, E-mail: email@example.com