Are you a creative writing student who’s looking for a start in the world of blogging? Interested in attending many of Montreal’s hottest events and festivals, such as; Osheaga, Mutek, Underpressure, Pop Montreal and many more, in exchange for becoming a blog writer?
bestkeptmontreal.com are hiring freelance writing interns to contribute bar, restaurant, nightlife, and event articles. Best Kept Montreal provides an opportunity to create exciting content that both local and visiting readers will find entertaining and informative, as well as share with friends on social media.
The ideal candidate has an intimate knowledge of the restaurant and bar scene in Montreal, as well as experience as a food, nightlife and/or destination guide writer in digital media. For the time being this is an unpaid internship with perks of gaining media access to the hottest events around the city, year round. For more information please contact us at email@example.com.
- Create relevant and engaging content based on new and popular events, hot spots and underground Montreal culture.
- Work with the Editor to generate ideas for new content topics
- Meet regular submission deadlines
- Provide media (e.g., original photography, sourced images, etc.) to accompany your written work.
- Must be based in Montreal
- 1 year experience. This position is also open to students and Interns.
- Acute knowledge of Montreal’s food, bar, nightlife and summer events scenes
- Strong writing skills
- Deep personal enthusiasm for the best, newest, and coolest places to eat, drink, and have fun
- Appreciation for the Best Kept brand and voice
- Ability to meet regular deadlines while working independently
- Excellent English language skills. French is an asset.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and an example of your previous written work that you have done in the past.