If you’re a results-driven, enthusiastic and technology-savvy team player, you’ll thrive in our dynamic, flexible and collaborative environment.
We have an immediate opening for a talented, enthusiastic and client-focused Trade Centre Representative to join our growing Ottawa based team.
What You Will Do:
Reporting to the Team Lead, Trade Centre, you will be responsible for facilitating timely and accurate trade instructions provided to you by phone or email by clients of MD Financial Management.
A significant portion of your role will involve responding to inquiries from current and prospective clients and/or MD Financial Advisors from across Canada, ensuring client concerns are rapidly addressed and resolved.
You will also play a critical role in ensuring that MD retains its current clients while actively generating new client leads as well as identifying opportunities to market MD Financial Management services and products.
When not working with clients, you will further your knowledge of MD Financial Management products, market conditions, interest rates and other financial industry news. Personal development will also be a top priority and enabled by MD’s internal training offerings, coaching and mentorship programs.
What You Need:
The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 2-3 years’ client facing experience in a call centre environment, banking and/or in the financial services industry coupled with a University degree Finance, Business, or a related discipline.
Bilingualism (English/French) is a mandatory requirement for this position.
- Completion of the Canadian Securities Course (CSC) is an asset as is willingness to become an IIROC Registered Representative. This will include the Canadian Securities Course (CSC), Conduct and Practices Handbook (CPH) and Life License Qualification Program (LLQP).
What You Bring:
- You have an excellent understanding of the financial services industry and its variety of services, investment account types and financial instruments such as mutual funds, bonds and equities including a good understanding of the rules regarding RRSPs, RRIFs, TFSA and non-registered investments as well as applicable tax-related issues.
- You offer in-depth and current knowledge of all internal trading policies, rules of the stock exchanges and IIROC guidelines, which enables you to effectively and succinctly provide responses and guidance which are in the best interests of MD’s clients.
- You enjoy learning new tools, techniques, and concepts realize ongoing learning is critical to your career success.
- You are inspired by doing the best for your clients and by providing tailored and timely advice.
- You are a rapid responder – what’s urgent for your client is also urgent for you.
- Your calm demeanor allows you to flourish in a busy environment where the ability to remain organized while multi-tasking is key.
What Success Looks Like:
- You are passionate about the MD value proposition and actively look to provide service that will exceed the client’s expectations.
- You strive for 100% accuracy
- You are constantly learning and honing your skills.
- You are technology savvy and endeavour to find new and exciting ways to use technology in the servicing of your client.
- You feel motivated to do your best work.
- You seek out opportunities to grow the business through Lead Generations and Referrals
To apply, please complete an online application by following this link: http://mdm.jobis.ca/oRW