Imagine working in a fast-paced inbound contact centre environment where you play a key role in helping your clients achieve their financial goals through effective management of their credit card products and services. At CIBC, you will enjoy an exciting sales and service career with our Card Products Division that is both personally and professionally rewarding, and offers great opportunities for career growth. Every day, you’ll have the opportunity to provide an exceptional client service experience by going above and beyond to strengthen and build client loyalty. Most importantly,
you will feel good about the fact that you play a key role in helping your clients achieve what matters to them.
As a Customer Service Contact Centre Representative, you will be empowered to offer prompt, accurate and detailed information through in depth knowledge of the wide range of CIBC credit card products and attached services. Representatives are accountable for resolving client issues at the first point of contact. Motivated by targets and results, you will respond to a wide range of product and service requests and inquiries from both internal and external clients. On each call, you will provide value-added servicing and sales opportunities and maintain and grow CIBC’s existing customer base.
What We’re Looking For
- Successful candidates must exhibit CIBC’s values of trust, team work, and accountability
- Candidates must have a minimum of 2 years of customer service experience with the ability to assess client needs, address difficult situations and foster strong client relationships
- Must have an aptitude for sales with the ability to present needs-based solutions to clients and overcome objections
- Must have superior verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills in both English and French with a professional telephone manner and the ability to create clear, concise and professional written correspondence
- Must have demonstrated adaptability, flexibility and ability to multi-task in an ever-changing environment
- Must have computer literacy, strong keyboarding and internet navigation skills in a Windows-based environment
- Must have a commitment to punctuality and adherence to work schedules
- Should have contact centre experience
- Should have prior professional experience working in the financial or banking industry
- Should have experience with credit lending and credit bureau analysis
What CIBC Can Offer You
- Flexible health benefits, stock purchase plan, competitive incentive pay and recognition programs.
- Competitive salary and banking benefits
- Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities
- Opportunity to be involved in CIBC events that help our communities
- Click to learn more about Rewards & Recognition, Learning & Development, and Employee Community Involvement
What You Need To Know
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role
- This job operates within a Contact Centre environment and requires you to communicate via phone throughout the day.
- Attention to detail required while conversing with customers over the telephone and providing accurate information
- Flexibility to accommodate work schedule for weekdays and weekends in a call center environment including days, evenings and weekends between the hours of Monday to Friday 7:00am to 12:00am, Saturdays and Sundays between 7:00am to 10:00pm is required
- The targeted start date for this position is August 7th 2017
- This is a regular full-time role with a schedule of 37.5 hours per week. Training is on a full-time basis and consists of a combination of in-class and on-the-job training for a period of 12 weeks. Shifts may vary during training and will require flexibility for any shift within the hours of operation noted above.
Please apply on our website or click this link: https://cibc.taleo.net/careersection/1/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=17010348