CPE Vanier is a workplace childcare center that serves the families of Vanier College. We are committed to offering quality childcare based on developmentally appropriate practices that will support and encourage the development of each child in our care so that he/she can reach his or her fullest potential.
The guiding principles that help us to realize our mission include:
- Knowing and respecting the principles of developmentally appropriate practice.
- Establishing partnerships with parents.
- Being good role models for the children by conducting ourselves with integrity, honesty, loyalty, fairness and kindness.
- Providing an atmosphere where children and adults thrive; one that fosters friendships, curiosity, self-esteem, joy, humour and respect for people and our environment.
- Respecting the individuality of each child; ensuring that they are loved, respected, engaged and appropriately challenged in their daily activities and interactions.
- Remaining up to date on current trends and research in child development.
- Recognizing the need for and seeking the appropriate outside resources whenever necessary to ensure that each child’s developmental needs are addressed.
- Providing a workplace wellness program that supports and values its employees.