- Math TS/SN 406
- Cegep Math 201-016-50
- Adult Education Math TS 4161, 4162 & 4163 (equivalent to TS 406), or SN 4171, 4172 & 4173 (equivalent to SN 406), or MTH 4101-4111 (inclusive)
- Chemistry 504
- Cegep Chemistry 202-001-50
- Adult education CHE 5061 & 5062 or CHE 5041, 5042 & 5043 with labs
- A letter of intent must be submitted with the application. Candidates will be invited to an interview if the appropriate application requirements are met.
Proficiency in written and spoken English is required and is tested as part of the admissions process.
To practice in Québec, students need to be proficient in French in order to meet the licensing requirements of the Ordre des inhalothérapeutes du Québec.
Applicants with post-secondary education will be evaluated on their overall academic performance and prerequisite standing.
Admitted students must submit an immunization record.
The Respiratory & Anaesthesia Technology Program is available in the Fall semester only.
French Language Requirements
In order to obtain a permit to work in the province of Québec, students may have to write a French language test.
Exemption from French language testing administered by the OQLF (Office québécois de la langue française) :
- Has studied in French for a minimum of three (3) years, either at the secondary level or post-secondary level
- Has successfully completed secondary four or secondary five examinations for French (as a mother tongue);
- Has obtained a high school diploma in Quebec after the 1985-86 school year.
Additional criteria: In Depth Interview
Respiratory Care is a demanding but highly rewarding career. As a future healthcare provider and valued member of a multi disciplinary health care team the interested applicant should be able to demonstrate certain behaviours, personal attributes and characteristics.
Those selected for an interview will be called a few days in advance to schedule their interview. See the Contact page in regards to directions and parking related information.
We are looking for candidates that can demonstrate:
In their professional relations:
- Take responsibility for their actions
- Act ethically
- Act in a collaborative manner with others
- Be reliable, trustworthy and honest
- Demonstrate respect for others
- Uphold confidences
Furthermore, we seek to admit students who will:
- Be self-directed learners
- Be willing to work hard
- Communicate effectively
- Exhibit ability to manage time
- Exhibit ability to tolerate stress
- Exhibit sound judgement
- Recognize and respect the roles of other healthcare disciplines
Understanding of the profession
Before applying an applicant must be well informed regarding the nature of the profession, job responsibilities and employer expectations.
For those reasons we strongly recommend that the candidate research the profession thoroughly (e.g. online) and/or attend a respiratory class at the college. Please call 514-744-7500 local 6013 to arrange for a visit.