Admission to the College is on the basis of the Quebec Secondary School Diploma (Diplôme d’études secondaires); or the Quebec Diploma of Vocational Education (Diplôme d’études professionnelles) with Secondary 5 first and second languages as well as Secondary 4 Mathematics; or equivalent scholarity completed outside the province.
- Science 558-404 or 402
- Physical Science 436 (416 and 430)
- CEGEP Equivalent Physical Science 982-003-50
- Chemistry 551-504
- Chemistry 534
- CEGEP Equivalent Chemistry 202-001-50
The following courses are highly recommended:
- Math 564-406 or 565-406 or Math 436 or equivalent
Applicants with post-secondary education will be evaluated on their overall academic performance and prerequisite standing.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English is required. Students must test at the English 101 level.
- English is the language of instruction at Vanier, but when in the clinical setting our Nursing students are expected to be able to communicate with French speaking patients.
- A letter of intent addressed to “Admissions” must be included with the SRAM application and an interview may be required.
- Admitted students must submit an immunization record.
- Students must be registered with the Ordre des Infirmières et Infirmiers du Québec (OIIQ) to obtain a student nursing permit. There will be a fee for this.
- Hospitals will ask that all students complete and sign a Criminal Background Verification Form
Students who are not functionally bilingual will need to acquire facility in French in order to practice in Québec. If a student’s Québec high school diploma (Sec V) was acquired before 1985 or if the student has arrived from another Canadian province or another country, the student will be required to pass a French professional language examination given by the Office Québécois de la langue française, to obtain a permanent professional license from the OIIQ. Special courses have been developed by our French Department to prepare Nursing students to meet these licensing requirements. French is mandatory as a core course and incoming students take a placement test.
Ordre des Infirmières et Infirmiers du Québec http://www.oiiq.org
Office Québécois de la langue française http://www.oqlf.gouv.qc.ca